Thursday, February 17, 2011

In Her Words

My oldest daughter was baptized on Sunday.

At thirteen years old, she stood before the congregation and reflected on a difficult time she had last year; about being brought to her knees by the conviction of her actions. She talked about the difference between the knowledge of God she had before and the relationship with Him she has now.

Her faith is maturing every single day. Her commitment to Christ is visible not only in her choices, but in our house. So today, I bring you her words.

(Written by Kahlan and posted on her bedroom wall):

dear Lord,

help me spread Your fragrance wherever I go.

FLOOD my soul with Your Spirit & Life

Penetrate me, posess my whole being so utterly that every soul I come in contact with can FEEL Your presence.

Shine through me so my life can be a reflection of Yours.

Let me preach without preaching; not by words but by example, by the catching force; the sympathetic influence of what I do, the evident fullness of the love my heart bears for You.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment