Saturday, June 11, 2011

Careless

This is the scripture verse that greeted me this morning:

"But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned." (Matthew 12:36-37)

Yikes.

I've had way too many careless words lately. Careless whispers, careless reprimanding. We are in the adjustment phase of the-kids-are-back-home. I know that every summer starts rough, and by the end of August I wish more than anything that they didn't have to go back to school. But man, the beginning is hard on all of us.

I need to watch my words. I need to think before I speak. I need to remember that not only in my parenting, but in my friendships and my role as a wife, I am accountable for what I say. It's amazing how careless words can hurt.

Being quiet is an art form I haven't quite mastered yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment