Saturday, October 10, 2009

Big White Van

We purchased a new van a few months ago. There wasn't anything wrong with our old van, we just ran into a small problem when it came to fitting all of us in it. Once we knew that the adoption was going to go through, we headed over to a local dealership to see if we could find something that would allow all of us to have our very own seat.

We finally settled on a fifteen passenger van. I had been hoping for a nice "blending in to the cars around it" color, like camouflage green or something, but when you need a van that big, they only come in one color: white. A big, white van. No hiding for us as we drive down the road, that's for sure.

As I was coming home from a shopping trip yesterday, I realized that I want to be just like my vehicle when it comes to my relationship with Christ. I want to be so passionate for Christ that everyone can see it as they pass by. Maybe they won't know what it is, but I want them to think, "Whatever she has, I want it."

Jude 1:21 tells us that those who are the beloved of Christ should, "keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life."

Think of a time that you have been anxious in a positive way. For example, think of a time you were looking forward to visiting with a loved one you hadn't seen in a long time, or a time you were a child and waiting with baited breath for your birthday party. When we live anxiously, we are passionately excited. It's all we can think about; it fills our mind and heart. This is how God wants us to live for Him.

Living anxiously for God is like driving a big white van. People all around you can see it.

(And we're filled and fueled for free!)

No comments:

Post a Comment