Sunday, November 22, 2009

All You Need is Love

I just finished playing a creative card game with my daughter, Aliegha.

The name of the game is Fluxx. It's probably the oddest card game I have ever played, as the rules and the goal of the game change every round. The object is to get to the point where you have the cards that match the current goal.

It's a lot like life, actually. There is a television card, a brain card, and a goal where you have to have the television, but no brain. There is a tank card, a tombstone card, and a goal where both war and death are necessary. Of course you can't forget about the chocolate card and the milk card, I know my life sometimes necessitates that combination.

But I held the secret weapon in my hand. A goal card that read, "All you need is love." And I had the love card.

Within two rounds, that love goal and card won me the game.

In the midst of real life, where temptation, death, war, and endless distractions assault us; love truly is all we need.

Not just love for our family, our children, and our neighbor. We need God's love. He is our strength, and His love and grace offer redemption from the sins of this world.

It was because of His love for us that He sent His Son to die so that we could enter heaven and feel His love eternally. What a perfect gift.

We hold the Love card in our hands. It's already been offered to us. All we have to do is accept Him. That's the only way to win.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."
(John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment