Thursday, November 19, 2009

Lost

As I walked out of the courthouse tonight, I patted my back pocket to make sure that my cell phone was still tucked neatly inside.

Imagine my surprise when all I felt was a folded tissue.

Frantically I started searching my coat, looking here and there, my fingers flying through old receipts and spare change with no luck.

"I can't find my phone!" I lamented to my husband.

(Who I was talking to on the phone.)

Oops.

Have you ever had one of those moments/days/seasons where you just feel lost? We look at our life and wonder where God is, because it just doesn't seem like He remembered to show up that day.

How easy it is to forget that no matter how frantic our search is, we're actually sitting right in His hand.

"I will never leave you, nor forsake you."
(Hebrews 13:5)

1 comment:

  1. Resting in His hand, a safe place to be.

    I also relate to losing things. LOL

    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete