Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thankful

I can't believe that Thanksgiving is right around the corner! I thought I should dedicate a blog post to the things that I am thankful for this year.

In no particular order:

I am thankful that the adoption of my three daughters is coming along. I know that it all is happening in God's timing. We hope to be finalized next March, which will be a great way to start 2010. I am thankful that all three girls have chosen to call us Mom and Dad.

I am thankful for my husband. He loves his job, but work is still work, and I am thankful that he provides so well for us. I am thankful that he puts up with my little quirks and loves me because of them. I am thankful for our 12 years of marriage, and that he is a strong believer.

I am thankful for all seven of my children, and my three former foster children who we still get to love like our own. I am grateful for a year where they were healthy and grew in their faith.

I am grateful for my friends, who stand by me no matter what. I am thankful that God has brought me to a place in my life where I have Christian women whom I love.

I am thankful for my grandmother, who has always encouraged me. I know there will come a time when she will no longer be with me on earth, and I am grateful that I will get to see her in heaven.

Finally, I am thankful for my blog readers. God laid this blog on my heart, and I would write for that reason even if no one read a word of it. But you all make it so enjoyable for me, and I truly am thrilled that you keep coming back. You are the blessing for my obedience. Thank you.

I hope everyone has a wonderful night! This would have been a night that I wouldn't have blogged at all, since today was very busy. But I am thankful for NaBloPoMo for making me sit down and write all of this out. I go to bed with a smile in my heart.

Goodnight! :)

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post. I just found your blog (thanks for visiting mine!), and I hope to be able to come back soon and read more about your amazing story of parenthood. When I worked as a counselor before I had my daughter, I saw a GREAT need for dedicated and caring foster parents. I love to hear stories of families that fall in love with their foster kids and adopt them as their own. It's a perfect picture of Christ adopting us as His children! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am thankful for you. Your posts are an addition to my devotions every day. Your words are beautiful and relevant every.single.day. You are definitely one of the most genuine people I've had the honor of "knowing" so thank you, for following God's call.

    Much love,
    Staci

    ReplyDelete